Follow them in order and all your questions should be answered. He keeps it pretty simple.
1. $1000 baby emergency fund (have that yet?)
2. Debt snowball until all you have left is the mortgage (if you minus out the car payments, are you to this point yet?)
3. Save 3-6 months worth of expenses for a fully funded emergency fund (s/b easy to do once the debt is paid off, including the cars)
4. Save 15% of your income for retirement.
5. Save for kids’ college.
6. Pay off the home mortgage.
7. Build wealth like crazy.
Including the cars in the debt snowball is a huge key to your success. He’s worked these steps with thousands of families and it works! You need to get your husband to a Live Event or let him read the Total Money Makeover. It’ll help inspire him to get rid of the car notes.